Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


happy st. patrick's day everyone! bean and i celebrated with a green breakfast this morning. we had green pancakes and green grapes, yummy! bean loves to cook and was especially excited about stirring the batter after i added the food coloring. she loved watching the batter slowly swirl into the color green. here she is pictured waiting for the pancakes to "bubble" so she can tell me to flip them over. she is a very good helper!

then the very best part- eating the green pancakes!! bean learned that adding green didn't change the pancakes- they still tasted as delicious as always. as a matter of fact, she ate two! :)

this second shot here also shows her "nasty head wound" that she got saturday. it doesn't look like anything at all now. but on saturday (when it happened) it was a doozy! just ask her daddy!!

hope you all have a great st. patty's day AND we'll just call this our best shot monday too while we are at it! ;) stop by tracey's for more best shot fun!!

9 comments:

Kim said...

She looks like a very good helper, and it seems as though hshe loves eating too! Great pictures!

Brittany said...

AWW!!!! SO FUN!!!! I am so not cool, like you. Adam had noodles (his request!) and a hard boiled egg for breakfast. lol sigh.

Sara said...

wow, that looks scary

Christina said...

Will you be my mommy? You are always doing such fun things with Bean! I thought about doing green eggs this morning...but it's been "one of those days" and I just didn't have it in me. she doesn't knw any differnt!

Maggie said...

Yum! We haven't gotten out the green food coloring yet...but we still have a meal left in the day, so there is possibility...

kim said...

How wonderful! Maybe we'll have to have green pancakes for dinner... yum!
Happy St. Patricks Day

Unknown said...

didn't even think to make something special for eating...we did all dress in green, though.

i think bean keeps getting cuter by the day. her sweet little face and smile, it just makes my day...

Rose said...

I love, love, love that first picture of Blueberry. It's perfect! You are the best mom! I didn't think of green food this morning. I was just trying to get us dressed in green to get to work!

Kimberly said...

I swear, you're the fourth or fifth mommy to make green food for St. Patrick's day breakfast. I feel like the biggest dork in the whole world. I never think of cool things like that to do!

(Next year...) :)